Lost Instincts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A site dedicated to text based roleplaying. We have a great number of features to share. Choose one of the many different forums and help our community weave intricate stories and access our creativity.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» This is getting ridiculous....
"When in Rome." EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 1:50 am by Asta

» "Satans Bride, Brothel and inn"
"When in Rome." EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 3:34 pm by Mase58

» The dark elves of Syn.
"When in Rome." EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 10:48 pm by Asta

» Welcome to the New world.
"When in Rome." EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 8:24 am by Mono Ocular

» Music playlist
"When in Rome." EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 4:35 am by Mase58

» RE: Playlists
"When in Rome." EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 2:42 pm by Druos

» Dark Destiny
"When in Rome." EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 5:02 pm by BlessedTrinity

» Vampiric Tavern/ Bar. (The Catacombs)
"When in Rome." EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 4:52 pm by BlessedTrinity

» Early 1990 small island of the coast of Florida
"When in Rome." EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 10:49 pm by Elizabeth Kale

Top posters
Drezlin
"When in Rome." I_vote_lcap"When in Rome." I_voting_bar"When in Rome." I_vote_rcap 
Elizabeth Kale
"When in Rome." I_vote_lcap"When in Rome." I_voting_bar"When in Rome." I_vote_rcap 
Druos
Chaotic
Mono Ocular
BlessedTrinity
Pagono Daimonas
Viper LeGre
ShadowVamp KV
Asta
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Lost Instincts on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Lost Instincts on your social bookmarking website

"When in Rome."

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Drezlin
Administrator
Drezlin

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-07-28

"When in Rome." Empty
PostSubject: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 5:17 pm

Personality/ setting.
Drezlin in this role play is a successful Roman general, who is growing bored of his seat in the senate. He has made a deal with a stranger, for an amazing fortune, to buy imortality. Little does he know what the price is going to be, or that this sunset may be his last.

Drezlin smiles and leans over the rail of his villa, one of the finest in Rome. Down below him drunken guests blunder around in the garden, and off into the streets. He brings his cup of wine once more to his lips and takes a good long drought. Drezlin can't help but smile as he looks on all that he has attained. He leans against a marble bust of Julius Cesar and makes a toast to him. The sky is a perfect crimson, "to perfect" Drezlin mutters.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Kale
Elizabeth Kale

Number of posts : 111

"When in Rome." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 5:28 pm

"Get out of here!! Damn drunks!"

Elizabeth yells in anger, she throws her glass at him

"Alright alright!!" the drunk slurrs as he stumbles away.

She walks out into the garden and sits under a tree, stretching her sore arms and legs from working all day
Back to top Go down
http://www.vampirefreaks.com/u/RayneRiot
Drezlin
Administrator
Drezlin

"When in Rome." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 5:35 pm

Drezlin notices a slight commotion down below as a drunk stumbles rather rapidly out of the garden.
He lifts his eye brows more than amused, the man nearly trips on his toga.

Down below he watches Elizabeth sit down in the garden, a smile splits his lips. After watching her for a moment he retires to his study, and checks his will once more, making sure his affairs are in order.

after one last wistful moment of reverie, he realizes his cup of wine is empty and heads down stairs through the villa, past several servants until he finds one serving wine. He gets his cup filled and walks out into the garden, feeling better than he has in years. More alive than he has in longer than he cares to remember, he notes that aniticipation is an emotion he had entirely forgotten. With the sun setting in the sky he puases to admire it's ceasless beauty once more.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Kale
Elizabeth Kale

"When in Rome." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 5:45 pm

She glances up from her book and back down to her book.

"you watch it as if it were your last" she said turning the page
Back to top Go down
Drezlin
Administrator
Drezlin

"When in Rome." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 5:51 pm

Drezlin pulls himself out of thought and turns his attention to Elizabeth .

Any sunset could be anyones last. Who knows when their life will be cut short, and ended with out warning or recall ?

Drezlin looks down at the lush garden, vibrant with life and color. The scent of flowers in the warm air is moving beyond discription. For a moment, he is at a loss for words.

This may very well be my last sunset. But truely, I do not care. I have savoured this one more than any that have come before it.

(Side note... Who are you in relation to my charcter ? Friend, employee ? Slave lol ?)
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Kale
Elizabeth Kale

"When in Rome." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 5:55 pm

[ooc: I wouldnt say slave, more of a lower class employee, say lower assistant]

She puts the book down and gazes at the flowers,
"I suppose you are right, but why now? is something on your mind?"
Back to top Go down
Drezlin
Administrator
Drezlin

"When in Rome." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 6:07 pm

Drezlin smiles, and sits down on the grass. After pondering the question for a moment he replies.

Nothing is wrong. Perhaps for the first time in many years, something is right.

His eyes wonder back tot he fading sun, and the words of the stranger replay through his mind once more "Say fare well to the sun."
He pulls himself back to the present, as with the coming of night his anticipation builds.

Elizabeth, I am going to be frank with you. I have no heir, and I have not married. I may be leaving tonight, perhaps forever. i need some to watch over my lifes work. If I do not assign it to some one, the senate will cease all of my possessions and sell them off at auction. I am going to sign everything over to you.

Drezlin laughs, and takes another drink of his wine. Feeling far to alive to be professional.

I won't hear a word of protest, it is all yours. Besides, I may not be leaving at all.

Drezlin takes another drink and then winks at Elizabeth as he stands again.

I don't imagine this is how you pictured your day concluding ?
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Kale
Elizabeth Kale

"When in Rome." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 6:10 pm

Elizabeth stumbles in her mind for something to say

"But I couldnt..I dont even know where to begin?! And surely people would not like the idea of....Where are you going?!?!" She felt the forehead of Drezlin

"Excuse me for the intrusion and for the language but what the hell is on your mind Sir?!"
Back to top Go down
Drezlin
Administrator
Drezlin

"When in Rome." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 6:23 pm

Drezlin smiles, not to be charming, but a sincere expression of happiness. He takes Elizabeths hand gently and leads her into the villa, up the marble stairs and into his study.
This subject is not one to be discussed in the open garden, amongst slaves and guests.

Drezlin takes a special jar of wine, and pours himself a small cup, and one for Elizabeth, after he hands it to her he sits down at his table, strewn with parchment and scrolls.

Where to begin my friend ? I have had fame, fortune, success. Far beyond the measure of what any man could expect. I could even become Ceasar if I wanted it...

Drezlin looks at the floor, brooding for the first time this day. then lifts his eyes to meet Elizabeths.

For all of my blessings, all of my luck, I am still unhappy. And in the end, I will grow old and die like every one else around me. . . This is not the way I want my life to end. Some people say I am unhappy because I never married, but this is not so. I am unhappy because I see life for what it is. A beautiful spark, that flares bright as any star, and like all sparks, burns out and is forgotten in darkness.

Drezlin takes another drink of wine, his eyes seem to wonder away from the present, as if seeing something Elizabeth could not.

I am going to atempt to take imortality for my own tonight. I will succeed, or die trying. Though I do not know what will happen to me, life or death, I am sure that I want you to have what I own. You alone have not expressed a desire to take it from me.

With that his old smile returns, and he looks once more hopefully outside.
Back to top Go down

"When in Rome." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 8:07 pm

Velvet walked up to Drezlins door. She knocked.

"More wine sir?"
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Kale
Elizabeth Kale

"When in Rome." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 10:12 pm

Elizabeth Sits down a bit concerned

"you must be reasonable, Sir, You don't even know if you will live..

She twirls the wine in her glass and stares at it deep in thought

"This could mean death..And I..don't think i could run this by myself"

She places her hand on his shoulder, "Drezlin..are you sure you want this??
Wont you miss the days, the warm sun..."
Back to top Go down
Drezlin
Administrator
Drezlin

"When in Rome." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 10:58 pm

Drezlin hears the knock on the door, and looks back at Elizabeth.
I am certain of this choice. I would rather die in my prime than wither away to nothing cold and alone.

Drezlin softens his face, prefering to be reasonable rather than stern.
He even smiles at Elizabeth slightly.
Do not worry about what you can or can not do. . .

His face turns desperate, as he searches for the next words.

We have but one life to live. Only one, a single chance before the uncertain, but unescapable fate of death... Live your life to the fullest. Love who ever your hearts desires to love, enjoy everything that gives you pleasure, and overcome every challenge that makes you pause. In the end, what do we have but our past to reflect on ? It will either torment us eternaly, or be our salvation.

Drezlin pauses again and drains his cup. Feeling slightly, deliciously drunk.
The look on his face is one of certainty and contenment.

This is your chance to do something with your life, and have every faith in you.

Before lizabeth can protest again Drezlin stands and makes his way to the door, empty cup in hand and politely asks for more.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Kale
Elizabeth Kale

"When in Rome." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 11:07 pm

Elizabeth stands up and sets her glass down, not bothering to take a drink,
She wipes the wrinkles from her cloths and closes her eyes trying to find her next words. Although not angry she tries to talk in an angry tone to convince Him what he is doing may not be the right choice...But it comes out in a more desperate tone then she wanted..

"But Sir, You just cant leave like this, You have gotten so far with this! Sure you only get one life to live, Well..."

She searches for the right words to say..

"What id you dont like this new life?? Then there's no going back..."

She looked down

"what If i dont want to do this..??"

A worried expression overcame her face, She diddnt want to ruin his plans if this is truely wanted to do.
Back to top Go down
Drezlin
Administrator
Drezlin

"When in Rome." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 11:50 pm

Drezlin merely smiles at Elizabeths protests.
Walks back from the door and kneels in front of her taking one hand gently in his own.
I won't force you to do anything against your will. If you do not want what I am offering, so be it. The senate will take it when I am gone.

Drezlin stans slowly, and reluctantly picks up his wine again. He looks out the indow aprehensivly.

Then sits again at his desk, a little vexed.

I can not refuse this. I simply can not. Life holds no more glory, no more challenges. This is truely the last frontier for me. My only fear is that I will have to spend it alone... But I have already lived this life alone, what do I have to lose ?
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Kale
Elizabeth Kale

"When in Rome." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 1:26 am

Elizabeth gets a saddened look across her face.
she sighs in defeat.

"Drezlin, I have worked with you for a long time. I will do whatever makes you happy in this situation... If you want me to stay and take care of it here...then so be it. But I dont like the fact of you having to face this alone. you know I would agree with you on everything else..I just hope this is what you want, and you know i'll be here for you"

She smiles and tries to lighten up the mood and pats him on the head and laughs

"But remember this, and always do. You dont have to do this alone. You have people here for you"
Back to top Go down
Drezlin
Administrator
Drezlin

"When in Rome." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 1:32 am

Drezlin smiles, thankful for Elizabeths agreement .

Thank you very much dear... Truely. But I can not ask you to join me in this. The choice is in your hands, and that of the who will come tonight.
Back to top Go down
Druos
Administrator
Druos

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-07-27

"When in Rome." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 1:34 am

Druos awakens from his slumber, and exits his cave. Shadow has engulfed rome, only the edge of the city illuminated. The view is breath-taking, as always. The deep, blood red clouds stretch across the firmament like an amoeba. He tightens the straps on his leather sandals and begins the trek down the mountain. With inhuman speed, his form glides down the hills like a vapor, his cloak taking a form of its own. Within minutes, he reaches Rome. He walks through the city streets, his hood resting on his shoulderblades, allowing his face to be shown. His long brown hair twitches in the slight breeze. Memories of his life begin to seep into his mind, his chronicles as a member of a germanic tribe. He rests on a pillar near a great villa, adorned with fine statues and a beautiful garden. He watches the drunks stumble through the bushes with a scwol on his face. He thinks to himself:

I just might eat you for that.

By coincidence, his mind reaches out to the owner of the villa. His thoughts of death and immortality pique Druos' interest. He sees the girl in his mind, the one he would entrust all his earthly possessions and ranks. Queitly he waits for dusk.
Back to top Go down
https://lost-instincts.rpg-board.net
Elizabeth Kale
Elizabeth Kale

"When in Rome." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 1:44 am

Elizabeth sits down, Finally taking a sip from her wine. Staring out the Window deep in thought, her mind jumping the "Ifs and WHat could happens"

She looks at Drezlin and back to her glass.

"If it means you wont be alone in this hell of a world your attempting jumping in, Then I Wont mind going with you in case you need help."
Back to top Go down
Drezlin
Administrator
Drezlin

"When in Rome." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 1:51 am

Drezlin nods. And stands up, walking to the window, feeling strangly drawn to it. As he gazes he notices a very pale figure, with eyes that almost shine. A tingle runs up his spine.

Drezlin turns back and eneters the room again, setting down his wine.
He looks Elizabeth in the eyes. Only if you are certain of this. I can not deny that it would, mean a great deal to me... But I must be sure this is what you really want.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Kale
Elizabeth Kale

"When in Rome." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 2:01 am

Elizabeth smiles, But cant help but to hold a worried look on her face

"I am positive"

She looks back at her wine glass

"so why did you decide to do this now..?.....Do you think it will hurt?"

She hides her shakey hand under the table.
Back to top Go down
Drezlin
Administrator
Drezlin

"When in Rome." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 2:06 am

Drezlin laughs openly. Nearly rolling off of his chair.
It might hurt, I do not know Elizabeth. That is the beauty of uncertainty, of adveture. You do not know what will come next.

Drezlin gets and sits beside Elizabeth, taking her hand again. He gives it a reassuring squeze.
I can not promise you everything will be alright, but i can swear to you that what it may be, we will not go through it alone
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Kale
Elizabeth Kale

"When in Rome." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 2:09 am

She feels a slight comfort feeling. and nods

"Your right! and its defiantly better then sitting here alone wondering if the choice you made was good and if you were still..well and ok"

She smiles and takes a deep breath

"I believe I have taken the sun for granted though" she softly laughs
Back to top Go down
Drezlin
Administrator
Drezlin

"When in Rome." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 2:13 am

Drezlin laughs to. And thinks back on the days events. With a curious look in his eyes and a grin he asks

Did you think your boss had gone insane ? Or perhaps started the day drunk ? I can't imagine what was going through your head as I walk around, litteraly smelling the roses in some cases.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Kale
Elizabeth Kale

"When in Rome." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 2:21 am

Elizabeth turns a slight pink

"honestly? Yes I thought something had happened that had completely made you lose your mind"

She looks down a bit embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Drezlin
Administrator
Drezlin

"When in Rome." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 2:27 am

Smiles, and relaxes a bit, notices he is still holding Elizabeths hand and gently lets it go.
Looks out of the window and into the night sky, feels his anticipation growing.

Yes, I can imagine it. If I recall before I was always to busy to even remember your name. .. Which I apologise for. It's amazing how much clarity lingering mortality can lend to the present, is it not ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"When in Rome." Empty
PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." Empty

Back to top Go down

"When in Rome."
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next